The perfect bass amp for any venue
When we set out to design the Undertow 160 we began with a radical idea – how can we generate the most power out of as few power tubes as possible? This question took us three years to figure out, and the results are eye-opening. We came up with a unique design that borrows from long-forgotten hi-fi techniques, allowing the Undertow 160 to draw an incredible amount of power, weight, and tone out of two power tubes. Hand- wired all-tube circuitry and custom-designed Mercury Magnetics transformers provide an immediate and full bass tone that we feel is missing from most modern production bass amplifiers. The Undertow 160 is ideal for the player looking to manage stage volume while delivering a defined, harmonically-rich, and articulate bass tone. When paired with the optional tube-driven balanced DI output, the Undertow 160 can handle any stage or performance situation it faces. The Undertow 160 can suit any artist and any style of music with its dynamic preamp that can range from smooth cleans to gritty overdrive. The Undertow 160 has every player covered.
Undertow 160 Pricing
Tube-buffered DI –
Buffered effects loop –
Please Email us at email@example.com for pricing and availability.
- Single channel all-tube bass guitar amplifier
- Over 160W of power
- Available as a head only
- Custom designed Mercury Magnetics transformers
- External bias test points and controls for rapid power tube changing
- Tube configuration: 2-KT88, 1-6V6, 2-12AX7, 1-12AU7
- Power tubes transformer driven with a 6V6 power tube for maximum output and punch
- Fan cooled power amp for optimal tube operating conditions
- Impedance switch selecting 2, 4 or 8 ohm output taps, with two parallel outputs, and one 1/4″ unbalanced line-out (main outs are one combination Speakon/1/4″ and one 1/4″ TS jack)
- Controls include: 0dB & -15dB inputs (for active/high output pickup bass guitars), Gain, Bright Switch, Treble, Midrange, Bass, Active Mid, 5-Way Mid Frequency Switch, Bass, and Master Volume
- Jensen transformer-balanced XLR direct-out and buffered effects loop available upon request
- Completely hand-wired using point to point and eyelet board construction techniques
- Dimensions (L,W,H): 25″ x 12″ x 10″
- Weight: 57 pounds
Interested in purchasing this model? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to place your order.