Blending American & British tones
The CK30 evolved over the course of several years thanks to Dustin Kensrue (Thrice), Matt Hoopes (Relient K), Cody Jones (LA session player), and many others. Previously only a “secret menu” item, due to popular demand, we’ve added the CK30 to our core lineup. Starting out life as our MK36 model, various mods and customizations over the course of five years gave this design a life of it’s own (“CK” had a bit better ring to it than “Custom MK”, right?).
Imagine being able to blend chime-y AC style tones with the clarity and depth of the early 60’s Blackface amplifiers (B-man). Couple that with a cathode-biased pair of EL34’s to provide some incredible power amp dynamics and crunch (a little JTM flavor, anyone?), and you have the CK30. Immediately from the input jack, your signal is split to two very distinct gain stage paths. “Bright” has traditional AC circuit values, while the “Normal” channel has the American voice. Each channel can be run independently, or blended, for an incredibly wide tonal palette of bright and complex cleans, or over the top gain. This combination of two distinctly voiced preamps, coupled with the tone and feel of the power amp, this is an amp that needs to be played, and heard, to believe.
Headshell – $2050
1×12 Combo – $2,350
2×12 Combo – $2,525
Buffered effects loop – +$95
- Single Channel Tube Amplifier
- 30 Watts of Power
- Tube Configuration: 2-EL34, 3-12AX7
- Controls Include: Volume, Bright gain, Normal gain, Treble, Midrange, Bass and Cut
- The Bright (AC-voiced) and Normal (American 60’s-voiced) “channels” are connected internally and can be blended together or used separately, allowing for 3 different voices from the preamp
- Both channels have full access to EQ controls
- Impedance Switch for 4, 8, and 16 Ohm Cabinets With 2 Parallel Outs
- Dimensions (1×12 combo): 25W x 10D x 20-1/4H
- Dimensions (Headshell): 25W x 10D x 9H
Interested in purchasing this piece? Email us at email@example.com to place your order.